Are you looking for a development opportunity in the Council in the Traffic & Network Management Team?
Are you devoted to continuous improvement, working in a team with a varied range of roles and responsibilities across many highways-related disciplines?
You will be based within the Traffic & Network Management team, within our Economy, Infrastructure and Skills (EIS) directorate and will report directly into the Traffic & Network Coordination Managers.
The team are responsible for the coordination and protection of the County’s public highways network, this is a statutory function that all highway authorities are required to undertake.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- invoicing & chasing payment from various companies for undertaking activities on the Staffordshire highways network.
- issuing invoices for street works fines and conducting negotiations around the value & payment of these in collaboration with the Inspectors & Officers.
- maintaining precise and accurate financial records.
- liaising with various internal and external companies, authorities and stakeholders as well as monitoring the team’s financial position and providing monthly report information to the managers.
You will be working closely with the wider team and various industry bodies and use their knowledge and previous precedents to assess the impact of street works and any associated fines issued and use your judgement to provide advice and apply amendments, controls or restrictions to work carried out in order to achieve the goals of the Traffic Management Act 2004 and the New Roads & Streetworks Act 1991.
The Ideal Candidate
What you'll bring
- be able to deal with a range of issues and conflicting demands, whilst delivering to tight deadlines and keeping calm under pressure.
- be able to engage in challenging conversations with various companies in order to achieve a high standard of debt recovery compliance.
- possess excellent inter-personal and customer service skills.
- be a highly motivated, a self-starter with a drive to succeed.
- have a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
What you’ll have
- hold or be willing to train to acquire required accreditation – AAT Level 2 Accounting qualification as a minimum and have previous experience in finance and/or traffic and network management.
- have demonstrable experience in using debt management/compliance/finance and invoicing and associated systems and reporting using Excel.
The recruitment for this position is ongoing and so we reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closing date
For more information about this role please contact Lee Barnard at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Staffordshire County Council
We are no ordinary county council:
The core of who we are as an organisation. Just like we all have personal values that shape our thoughts and behaviour, organisational values drive how we think and act collectively.
Our values were created and shaped by colleague feedback and national best practice and they sit at the heart of People Strategy:
We have a real sense of community spirit that brings our people together. This feeling of belonging means we are all connected to what we do and take pride in the difference we make every day for Staffordshire people. We are ambitious and our sights are set firmly on a better future.
We look forward and race ahead - that goes for your career too.
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits.
Our recruitment process:
As an Authority we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, a Silver Award Armed Forces employer and our commitment to supporting care leavers - we offer a guaranteed interview as long as your application meets the minimum criteria for the post.