About the role
We have an exciting opportunity within Business and Executive Support which is a central business admin support function which is aligned to meet the requirements of Staffordshire County Council, and which fulfils the needs of the organisation as it evolves.
This post currently sits within the Health & Care Team and the role will be providing administrative support to the Care Commissioning Service areas, including Brokerage and Care Market Development Services.
The role requires flexibility to support other areas within the wider Business and Executive Support Service when required to meet priority demands and will enable you to develop your skills and experience a variety of work opportunities across the service. The contracted role is office based with flexible home working arrangements based on business needs and management agreement.
- Liaising with internal and external customers, provide a main point of contact for the service and dealing with queries
- Service Inbox management
- Operate client computer-based information systems for input and retrieval of data.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and the ability to utilise the main applications.
- The production of high quality documents and reports, including statistical tables and graphs. using Office software
- Provide administrative support to Senior Officers within the team as directed.
- Support training and event management, including course bookings
- Wide range of meeting support, including minute taking and document preparation
The Ideal Candidate
What you’ll bring
The successful applicant will have: -
- Administrative skills and experience to support the provision of a timely and high-quality Business Support service for Staffordshire County Council.
- Ability and experience in taking accurate minutes for multi-agency meetings.
- Excellent communication skills to engage our customers and administration teams to share best practise using digital solutions where appropriate to improve processes.
- An ability to work in a fast-paced, busy environment, and to manage changes at short notice.
- Good IT skills with a knowledge of SCC systems for data management.
- Experience complying with relevant Information, Privacy and Data Security policies.
It’s important to note that if you’re unsure whether your experience or skills are suitable, please get in touch with the recruiting manager firstname.lastname@example.org and we can give you more information.
About Staffordshire County Council
We are no ordinary county council:
The core of who we are as an organisation. Just like we all have personal values that shape our thoughts and behaviour, organisational values drive how we think and act collectively.
Our values were created and shaped by colleague feedback and national best practice and they sit at the heart of People Strategy:
We have a real sense of community spirit that brings our people together. This feeling of belonging means we are all connected to what we do and take pride in the difference we make every day for Staffordshire people. We are ambitious and our sights are set firmly on a better future.
We look forward and race ahead - that goes for your career too.
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits.
Our recruitment process:
As an Authority we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, a Silver Award Armed Forces employer and our commitment to supporting care leavers - we offer a guaranteed interview as long as your application meets the minimum criteria for the post.