Are you caring and compassionate, looking for an exciting challenge? This is a diverse social care role where every day is different!
We are looking for motivated people who are passionate about providing outstanding care for adults with care and support needs. We have an exciting opportunity to join a brand-new service supporting people in their homes to regain their independence and learn new skills. Our Independence At Home service will prevent hospital admissions and support people to age in place and stay at home for as long as possible.
This role requires travelling within the community, and so a full UK driving licence and access to your own vehicle is essential.
We have a Full time & Part-time position available with a range of shifts between 7am to 3pm & 2pm to 10pm, which will include weekend and bank holiday working. We require our team to work flexibly, which means you may be required to work all days, evenings, and weekends.
Our people are central to everything we do and so we’ll make sure you’re well supported and given the opportunity to develop and progress.
- We provide full paid training and ongoing development to enable you to pursue your career aspirations
- BLOCK pay, meaning you will be paid for the whole shift duration, including travel time
- For travel, we will reimburse you at £.45/mile, paid from a council base nearest to your home
- Minimum shift is 4 hours in duration
- Supervision and support to enable you to provide excellent care
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Working flexibly across various locations in north Staffordshire, you will provide an excellent level of care to enable the people we support to have a comfortable and dignified life within their own homes.
As a Support Worker, you will:
- Deliver care and support plans which focus on re-gaining independence and developing independent living skills
- Administer medication
- Requires manual handling tasks, such as supporting with intimate care like showering and dressing
- Support people with eating and drinking
- Accurately complete care records
The Ideal Candidate
What you will bring
- enthusiastic about working with people and caring, sensitive, and patient while supporting people to be as independent as possible.
- good communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to relate positively to the people we support, and have a positive outlook on life and can remain calm in challenging situations.
- willing and physically able to support people with personal and intimate care needs and physically able to undertake manual handling tasks.
- able to adapt and respond positively to change and prioritise tasks and work within time restraints.
What you will have
- A caring nature and ability to complete the Care Certificate
- Driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Experience of working in a team
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Information and communication technology skills
For further information about this role please contact Sarah-Jane Harrison email@example.com
About Staffordshire County Council
The recruitment for this position is ongoing and so we reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closing date.
We are no ordinary county council:
The core of who we are as an organisation. Just like we all have personal values that shape our thoughts and behaviour, organisational values drive how we think and act collectively.
Our values were created and shaped by colleague feedback and national best practice and they sit at the heart of People Strategy:
We have a real sense of community spirit that brings our people together. This feeling of belonging means we are all connected to what we do and take pride in the difference we make every day for Staffordshire people. We are ambitious and our sights are set firmly on a better future.
We look forward and race ahead - that goes for your career too.
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits.
Our recruitment process:
As an Authority we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, a Silver Award Armed Forces employer and our commitment to supporting care leavers - we offer a guaranteed interview as long as your application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
As you’ll know safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people/vulnerable adults is important to us and that’s why this position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service. If applicable you should disclose details of unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.