Do you have experience taking notes and of working within an education or community setting?
If so, we have an opportunity for a Specialist Notetaker to work within the ASSIST (post 16 sensory support) team, providing support mainly in the North of Staffordshire in higher education institutions. The office base is Staffordshire Place 2, Stafford (centre for mileage as agreed)
Specialist Notetaker – manual £12.18 - £13.02 per hour
Specialist Notetaker – electronic - £12.38 – £14.41 per hour
(Depending on qualifications and experience)
To provide professional manual and/or electronic notetaking in a variety of subject for students/clients are over 16 years of age and who have hearing or vision loss.
Notetaker hours vary according to student timetables and your availability. Flexible working is required due to changeable student timetables.
Previous experience is desirable, but not essential, supervision and feedback will be provided via our training programmes; sensory awareness training and AIM Qualifications and Assessment Group Level 3 Award for Specialist Notetaker. Specialist subject knowledge is not essential.
- Note taking within education and training sessions or meetings.
- Production of notes in a format appropriate to the needs of the student/client and simplifying written information as required.
- Some additional out of class support for students may be required for curriculum access including but not limited to: help with locating research, submitting assignments, paperwork, document organisation, exam support, sighted guide – training and ongoing advice will be provided.
- Work in education settings is typically over two twelve-week semesters. Occasional community note taking may also be available during non-teaching times of the year.
The Ideal Candidate
Applicants will need to be:
- Confident in their use of written English, spelling and grammar.
- Able to listen, process information and write accurately at speed whilst maintaining legible handwriting. This will be assessed prior to, and during interview so that training needs can be identified, and hints and tips provided.
- Competent in the use of electronic communications such as emails, texts and Microsoft Teams and the ability to respond in a timely manner.
Other roles within education settings may be available dependent on qualifications, experience, and availability, therefore applicants are encouraged to disclose all qualifications, either achieved or working towards.
Please note: Applications for this post will be reviewed regularly. If the positions are filled, the advert will close.
Please direct any queries to: email@example.com
About Staffordshire County Council
We are no ordinary county council:
The core of who we are as an organisation. Just like we all have personal values that shape our thoughts and behaviour, organisational values drive how we think and act collectively.
Our values were created and shaped by colleague feedback and national best practice and they sit at the heart of People Strategy:
We have a real sense of community spirit that brings our people together. This feeling of belonging means we are all connected to what we do and take pride in the difference we make every day for Staffordshire people. We are ambitious and our sights are set firmly on a better future.
We look forward and race ahead - that goes for your career too.
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits.
Our recruitment process:
As an Authority we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, a Silver Award Armed Forces employer and our commitment to supporting care leavers - we offer a guaranteed interview as long as your application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
As you’ll know safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people/vulnerable adults is important to us and that’s why this position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service. If applicable you should disclose details of unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.