The First Contact Team, engages with citizens of Staffordshire, carrying out strengths based, outcome focused assessments via the telephone and virtual technology. The service also deliveries a single point of access for all age carers who are supported to access information, advice and guidance. Assessments for all age carers are undertaken in person across the county. The Care Act 2014 compliant assessments determine citizens assessed eligible needs while promoting their assets and facilitating their independence. First Contact will develop care and support plans with people and work with Brokerage to put services in place to meet their residual eligible social care needs.
This role is to wok within our all age carers team, specially supporting Staffordshire's Young Carers.
Take responsibility for the provision of:
- Asset based assessments under the Care Act and Children and Families Act inclusive of all statutory functions.
- Participation on the inter-agency best interest assessor rota for adults and All age carers
- Using person centred thinking tools to inform the assessment
- Support in prioritising young carers referrals
- Provide support to young carers assessors as required
- Facilitate peer reflective supervision sessions with Young Carer Assessors
- Support the development of First Contact and All Age Carers Service
- Develop a collaborative relationship with citizens, their representatives, and any professionals involved in their support, promoting positive expectations of what citizens can achieve, understanding their talents, wishes and feelings.
- As part of the assessment process, undertake purposeful interaction with citizens, families and other professionals to understand the needs and strengths of the individual, their network of relationships and their capacity to consent.
- Support and mentor Social Care Assessors by actively engaging in peer group discussions about cases, to inform practice; and to identify the need for and provide professional interventions.
The Ideal Candidate
1. Knowledge of Young Carers and legislative context
2. Ability to develop a newly established service
3. Ability to drive performance and contribute to the shaping, continual improvement and promotion of a newly established all ages carers service
4. Ability to analyse information to understand risks and develop strategies to explain, avoid or manage risk appropriately.
For further information about this role please contact Tammy Drinkwater. firstname.lastname@example.org
About Staffordshire County Council
We are no ordinary county council:
The core of who we are as an organisation. Just like we all have personal values that shape our thoughts and behaviour, organisational values drive how we think and act collectively.
Our values were created and shaped by colleague feedback and national best practice and they sit at the heart of People Strategy:
We have a real sense of community spirit that brings our people together. This feeling of belonging means we are all connected to what we do and take pride in the difference we make every day for Staffordshire people. We are ambitious and our sights are set firmly on a better future.
We look forward and race ahead - that goes for your career too.
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits.
Our recruitment process:
As an Authority we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, a Silver Award Armed Forces employer and our commitment to supporting care leavers - we offer a guaranteed interview as long as your application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
As you’ll know safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people/vulnerable adults is important to us and that’s why this position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service. If applicable you should disclose details of unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.