We have an exciting opportunity in our Data Control Team, which is part of our busy Accounts Payable Service
As a Senior Payments Assistant, you will
- support in the administration of the payment processes for all council services.
- deliver high level key performance data and management reports.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in financial analysis as you will be responsible for producing reports and performance metrics so you must have substantial numerical and analytical skills and be proficient in the use of excel.
- Exceptional organisational skills to administer our purchase card system
- As you’ll be handling complex queries you will also have excellent people skills and strive to deliver the very best service.
For more information about this role, please contact Nick Kelsall at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Staffordshire County Council
We are no ordinary county council:
The core of who we are as an organisation. Just like we all have personal values that shape our thoughts and behaviour, organisational values drive how we think and act collectively.
Our values were created and shaped by colleague feedback and national best practice and they sit at the heart of People Strategy:
We have a real sense of community spirit that brings our people together. This feeling of belonging means we are all connected to what we do and take pride in the difference we make every day for Staffordshire people. We are ambitious and our sights are set firmly on a better future.
We look forward and race ahead - that goes for your career too.
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits.
Our recruitment process:
As an Authority we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, a Silver Award Armed Forces employer and our commitment to supporting care leavers - we offer a guaranteed interview as long as your application meets the minimum criteria for the post.