Are you a dynamic individual with the ability to harness the power of partnership working and work in a team to deliver fantastic outcomes?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a great team here at Staffordshire County Council, we are both supportive and keen to make a real difference across all the work we deliver.
We are working in partnership with others to ensure that refugees arriving in Staffordshire are able to resettle in the community living independently and providing the right help and support when this is needed.
This is a full-time role, working flexibly, including remote working, peripatetically across Staffordshire.
The length of this fixed term contract or secondment opportunity is until the 31st March 2025.
The Resettlement Practitioners will be the key workers for families resettling in Staffordshire.
In this role you will be:
- Holding and managing a full caseload.
- Working in partnership with and collaboration with other partners and stakeholders.
- Completing accurate documentation, reports and records relating to work you do with resettled children and families.
- Supporting resettled children and families to integrate into their new homes, community and life in Staffordshire.
The Ideal Candidate
- An outgoing, friendly personality who is able to communicate effectively with children and families, ability to build effective trusting relationships and relate positively to the people we support.
- Passionate about helping others.
- Wants to make a difference.
- Working knowledge of the Benefits and Housing system.
- An ability to build close networks with voluntary agencies.
- An able to adapt and respond positively to change and prioritise tasks and work within time restraints.
- Have an NVQ Level 3 related to working with children and families or relevant experience working with children and families.
- Have a current UK driving licence and vehicle.
To discuss the role further please contact either;
Lindsey Morris - firstname.lastname@example.org
Cate Whitehouse - email@example.com
Interviews will be held on the 3rd January 2024
About Staffordshire County Council
We are no ordinary county council:
The core of who we are as an organisation. Just like we all have personal values that shape our thoughts and behaviour, organisational values drive how we think and act collectively.
Our values were created and shaped by colleague feedback and national best practice and they sit at the heart of People Strategy:
We have a real sense of community spirit that brings our people together. This feeling of belonging means we are all connected to what we do and take pride in the difference we make every day for Staffordshire people. We are ambitious and our sights are set firmly on a better future.
We look forward and race ahead - that goes for your career too.
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits.
Our recruitment process:
As an Authority we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, a Silver Award Armed Forces employer and our commitment to supporting care leavers - we offer a guaranteed interview as long as your application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
As you’ll know safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people/vulnerable adults is important to us and that’s why this position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service. If applicable you should disclose details of unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.