Our Organisational Development (OD) Partners who sit within People Services team play a key role in the success of organisational change.
The role will identify cross cutting OD interventions and take an active lead in activity that will influence change and support the overarching strategic ambitions of service areas.
What you’ll bring:
- You will build productive relationships with business stakeholders and help support managers to prepare the organisation for change, in order to realise maximum benefits and to mitigate any negative impacts to both internal staff and external customers.
- Working with people across all levels of the organisation, you will provide support and coaching advice to help them instil change in their teams and directorates, as well as directly supporting project teams during a period of transition.
- We want you to bring your expertise of organisational development techniques and approaches and be confident to apply these to support our change organisation.
- A focus on the impact of change is key in this role, with the aim of minimising the negative effects and maximising the benefits of organisational change. This may be through identifying the impact on people, getting them ready for change, and handling any resistance to change.
- You will facilitate the business to embed change, preparing the organisation for the transition from “how we do things now” to “how we will do things in the future”.
The Ideal Candidate
You will need:
- Degree or equivalent level qualification or experience.
- Chartered Member CIPD or relevant alternative qualification or experience
- Experienced in delivering OD interventions on change programmes
- Ability to analyse people issues and work with senior managers and specialists to help improve organisational performance
- Able to work with and analyse data and MI drawing reasoned and evidenced conclusions
- Commercial acumen with public sector knowledge
- Proven experience of delivering outcomes through effective matrix management
Closing Date: 15th January 2023 – However please apply as soon as possible as the advert may close earlier depending on volume of responses.
Interview Date: TBC
For any further information about this role please contact Nicola Jackson OD Consultant: Nicola.Jackson@staffordshire.gov.uk
About Staffordshire County Council
We are no ordinary county council:
The core of who we are as an organisation. Just like we all have personal values that shape our thoughts and behaviour, organisational values drive how we think and act collectively.
Our values were created and shaped by colleague feedback and national best practice and they sit at the heart of People Strategy:
We have a real sense of community spirit that brings our people together. This feeling of belonging means we are all connected to what we do and take pride in the difference we make every day for Staffordshire people. We are ambitious and our sights are set firmly on a better future.
We look forward and race ahead - that goes for your career too.
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits.
Our recruitment process:
As an Authority we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, a Silver Award Armed Forces employer and our commitment to supporting care leavers - we offer a guaranteed interview as long as your application meets the minimum criteria for the post.