An opportunity has arisen across Staffordshire Children and Families for an Occupational Therapy Team Manager within the Children’s Disability Service. This post can be based in Burton upon Trent, Stafford, Cannock, or Newcastle with travel across the county.
The Children’s Occupational Therapy team is part of the Children’s Disability Service and works closely with the 4 Children’s Disability Social Work teams to provide specialist assessment and services for children and young people with complex disabilities.
Our occupational therapy team provide assessment of disabled children’s needs in their main residence (home environment) in relation to potential need for major and minor adaptation as well as specialist equipment provision and moving and handling advice. We refer to district and borough councils for DFG funding and work closely with specialist equipment providers. We also provide support to the disability fostering service. As a team we want to achieve the best outcomes for our Disabled children enabling them to live their lives to the full.
- Lead and manage a team of Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapy Assistants in the delivery of an effective specialist Children’s Disability Service.
- To work closely with Commissioners and the Head of Service to identify the needs across the County.
- Work with the Team to ensure the voice and needs of disabled children, young people and families is at the forefront of team working.
- Lead and coach a high performing Children's Occupational Therapy team.
- Develop, implement and review appropriate service standards for the team in accordance with Directorate quality standards.
- Ensure the Service is contributing to multi-agency and locality working.
- implement legislative changes and best practice in the fields of paediatric Occupational Therapy, within Children's social care.
The Ideal Candidate
- A qualified Occupational Therapist ideally with a minimum of 12 months experience working with children and experience of supporting and managing staff.
- A team player with the ability to engage and communicate with Disabled children an essential
- Committed to ensuring the children known to the team receive the best quality service.
For more information about this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
About Staffordshire County Council
We are no ordinary county council:
The core of who we are as an organisation. Just like we all have personal values that shape our thoughts and behaviour, organisational values drive how we think and act collectively.
Our values were created and shaped by colleague feedback and national best practice and they sit at the heart of People Strategy:
We have a real sense of community spirit that brings our people together. This feeling of belonging means we are all connected to what we do and take pride in the difference we make every day for Staffordshire people. We are ambitious and our sights are set firmly on a better future.
We look forward and race ahead - that goes for your career too.
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits.
Our recruitment process:
As an Authority we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, a Silver Award Armed Forces employer and our commitment to supporting care leavers - we offer a guaranteed interview as long as your application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
As you’ll know safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people/vulnerable adults is important to us and that’s why this position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service. If applicable you should disclose details of unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.