Do you have what it takes to be part of our team?
Are you ambitious, courageous and determined to empower Staffordshire’s families and businesses with the work that you do?
Do you want a structured training arrangement that will enable you to work in a forward-thinking organisation, that will give you experience in high-value that changes people’s lives and work to protect the most vulnerable in our communities.
We want someone who strives to be part of a team working together and supporting each other. We want someone keen to be part of an existing legal team made up of people who are bright, creative, hardworking and committed.
If this sounds like you then we want to hear from you.
Staffordshire Legal Services is a support service within the Corporate Services Directorate. It provides quality services, within resources, promoting Staffordshire County Council’s pursuit of excellence.
Staffordshire Legal Services also provides services to a range of external clients which are effective, customer friendly and provide value for money. We endeavour to deliver by taking into account our customer commitments, our values and our individual targets.
- Provide detailed and highly complex analytical reports to assist fee earning staff in the relation to the progression of their caseloads and provide detailed management reports, as required, to the Senior Managers in relation to the status of any matter on a case management, recruitment or financial basis.
- To analyse data from within the multiple systems to collate, design and create bespoken report to support Senior Managers within the legal team to inform strategic and procedural decisions on planning within the LSU Team.
- To maintain confidentiality and observe information security, data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
- To use information technology and associated systems in accordance with County Council policies.
- To carry out the duties and responsibilities of the post in compliance with the County Council's equal opportunities policies.
- To understand and comply with the County Council's environmental policies.
- To co-operate with the council in complying with relevant health and safety legislation, policies and procedures in the performance of the duties of the post.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the post.
The Ideal Candidate
Applications are invited from enthusiastic, innovative, suitably qualified individuals for an opportunity that has arisen.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator and able to prioritise a varied workload. Self-motivated with excellent organisational skills and an eye for detail will also be important.
You will be expected to conduct and manage your own caseload with appropriate supervision. You must be able to communicate effectively with members, senior officers and clients.
For more information about this role please contact: Debbie Samson (Business Team Manager) on 01785 276849.
About Staffordshire County Council
We are no ordinary county council:
The core of who we are as an organisation. Just like we all have personal values that shape our thoughts and behaviour, organisational values drive how we think and act collectively.
Our values were created and shaped by colleague feedback and national best practice and they sit at the heart of People Strategy:
We have a real sense of community spirit that brings our people together. This feeling of belonging means we are all connected to what we do and take pride in the difference we make every day for Staffordshire people. We are ambitious and our sights are set firmly on a better future.
We look forward and race ahead - that goes for your career too.
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits.
Our recruitment process:
As an Authority we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, a Silver Award Armed Forces employer and our commitment to supporting care leavers - we offer a guaranteed interview as long as your application meets the minimum criteria for the post.