For adults with learning disabilities, you’ll open the door to lives of independence, fulfilment, and joy. And your impact won’t stop there. This positive change will be felt across families and throughout the Staffordshire communities we’re proud to serve.
This is a diverse social care role where every day is different!
We specialise in supporting adults with complex needs, profound and multiple learning disabilities, and behaviours that challenge.
Are you looking for a rewarding role, where you can support people in your local community??
We are recruiting for a Day Service Assistant to join our team at our Specialist Day Opportunities in Newcastle. This service supports adults with complex learning disabilities and autism by providing meaningful opportunities and activities. We pride ourselves in offering a person-centred service that promotes the wellbeing and independence of the people we support.
We have a 37 hr per week position available. We require the person to work during the following hours, Monday – Friday, to provide support between 8am - 3pm / 9am - 4pm, dependant on the needs of the service.
We are a flexible employer and will consider various working patterns to accommodate your availability.
Induction, supervision, and full training will be provided.
An enhanced DBS (criminal record check) will be required.
Pay rate is £12.02 per hour, this rises with increments to £13.41.
For more information about the role please contact Libby Lomas email@example.com
You can find more about our service by visiting https://carejobsinstaffordshire.co.uk/provider-services/
In this role you'll:
- deliver excellent person-centred support, including administering medication.
- support people to maintain their health and wellbeing
- supporting with personal care (dressing, showering etc.)
- supporting with moving and handling needs
- supporting with eating and drinking
- supporting someone to access their community safely
- running activities and sensory sessions in our centres
- act as a Link Worker for the adults we support by contributing to the on-going assessment, development, delivery, and review of person-centered support plans.
- suggest improvements and be proactive in the development of solutions, and activities undertaken by the service
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for people who are passionate about providing outstanding care quality for adults with learning disabilities.
What you'll bring:
- be enthusiastic about working with people with learning disabilities and /or autism
- be caring, sensitive and patient while supporting people to be as independent as possible.
- have good communication and interpersonal skills,
- good ICT skills
- the ability to relate positively to the people we support
- a positive outlook on life.
- the ability to manage potential and actual aggression in a sensitive way
- willing and physically able to support people with personal and intimate care needs and able to undertake manual handling tasks.
- able to adapt and respond positively to change
If you already hold an NVQ level 2 qualification or Care Certificate we would love to hear from you but don’t worry if not, we are happy to support you in gaining the skills and knowledge needed for this qualification.
It’s important to note that if you’re unsure whether your experience or skills are suitable, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are on social media - check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/staffordshirelearningdisability
About Staffordshire County Council
We are no ordinary county council:
The core of who we are as an organisation. Just like we all have personal values that shape our thoughts and behaviour, organisational values drive how we think and act collectively.
Our values were created and shaped by colleague feedback and national best practice and they sit at the heart of People Strategy:
We have a real sense of community spirit that brings our people together. This feeling of belonging means we are all connected to what we do and take pride in the difference we make every day for Staffordshire people. We are ambitious and our sights are set firmly on a better future.
We look forward and race ahead - that goes for your career too.
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits.
Our recruitment process:
As an Authority we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, a Silver Award Armed Forces employer and our commitment to supporting care leavers - we offer a guaranteed interview as long as your application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
As you’ll know safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people/vulnerable adults is important to us and that’s why this position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service. If applicable you should disclose details of unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.