| 18.5 hours | Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday AM
This role will focus on delivering a safe and efficient reception service in support of District based staff. You will have excellent face to face and verbal communication skills and be a sensitive and attentive listener which will enable you to provide a range of reception duties, answering and filtering calls, taking room bookings, maintaining appointment systems, full utilisation of departmental databases and financial systems and applying relevant Health and Safety policies and practices.
1. To undertake arrange of Customer Care duties. This will include meet and greet duties as and when required, ensure that visitors are dealt with in a professional manner, answering queries from members of the public and other agencies on the services of the County Council, signposting to partner agencies, taking telephone calls and accurately recording messages to ensure effective communication.
2. Completing a range of administrative tasks ensuring compliance with business processes and Service Level Agreements.
3. Responsible for maintaining room bookings and general health & safety
4. Undertake a range of financial transactions as directed including placing orders for services/equipment, goods receipting and maintaining associated records in accordance with Financial Regulations through the County Council’s Finance and Procurement systems.
5. Maintain an awareness of policies, guidance, processes, and best practice relating to the service supported.
The Ideal Candidate
Working in Business Support requires teamwork, good organisational skills and a good level of competency using IT systems. You’ll also need:
- Good communication skills because you’ll interact with lots of people across the organisation and externally through phone, in person and email
- Good organisation skills and attention to detail, as you’ll be keeping data updated and you’ll be working to deadlines
- A flexible approach to work as sometimes things can change, and so you’ll need to be able to prioritise work and sometimes change tasks quickly
- A passion to always give the best service
But it’s important to note that if you’re unsure whether your experience or skills are suitable, please get in touch with the recruiting manager Claire Rushton (Business Support Team Leader) firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held at Children's Services, Castle House, Newcastle-under-Lyme on Wednesday 7th June 2023.
About Staffordshire County Council
We are no ordinary county council:
The core of who we are as an organisation. Just like we all have personal values that shape our thoughts and behaviour, organisational values drive how we think and act collectively.
Our values were created and shaped by colleague feedback and national best practice and they sit at the heart of People Strategy:
We have a real sense of community spirit that brings our people together. This feeling of belonging means we are all connected to what we do and take pride in the difference we make every day for Staffordshire people. We are ambitious and our sights are set firmly on a better future.
We look forward and race ahead - that goes for your career too.
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits.
Our recruitment process:
As an Authority we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, a Silver Award Armed Forces employer and our commitment to supporting care leavers - we offer a guaranteed interview as long as your application meets the minimum criteria for the post.