We are looking for someone to join our team at a senior level, to help us maintain and improve our financial planning and sustainability in these challenging economic times. Working closely with the Chief Accountant and other senior colleagues, you will lead the Corporate Finance team to ensure financial strategies are implemented and that financial resources are managed appropriately.
You will have an office base in Stafford, and we currently operate hybrid working, so there is flexibility for you to work from home, subject to service requirements.
You will be required to:
- Co-ordinate the Medium Term Financial Strategy process
- Create a corporate accountancy regulatory framework
- Ensure that statutory reporting obligations are met with regard to VAT
- Co-ordinate the production of the statutory accounts
- Ensure the Council’s insurance portfolio is adequately managed.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who:
- Is CCAB qualified with experience of delivering high quality financial services through a team
- Has experience of formulating and implementing financial strategies in conjunction with others
- Has a thorough understanding of Accounting Standards
- Has knowledge and understanding of the statutes, code of practice and other rules in respect of Local Government Finance and the ability to interpret and apply them.
For an informal chat about the role, please contact Rachel Spain, Chief Accountant, on 01785 854455 or Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
About Staffordshire County Council
We are no ordinary county council:
The core of who we are as an organisation. Just like we all have personal values that shape our thoughts and behaviour, organisational values drive how we think and act collectively.
Our values were created and shaped by colleague feedback and national best practice and they sit at the heart of People Strategy:
We have a real sense of community spirit that brings our people together. This feeling of belonging means we are all connected to what we do and take pride in the difference we make every day for Staffordshire people. We are ambitious and our sights are set firmly on a better future.
We look forward and race ahead - that goes for your career too.
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits.
Our recruitment process:
As an Authority we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, a Silver Award Armed Forces employer and our commitment to supporting care leavers - we offer a guaranteed interview as long as your application meets the minimum criteria for the post.