We are looking to recruit a part time Business Support Officer (PA to Social worker) to work 18.5 hours a week to work within the Stafford District Children and Families teams based in central Stafford.
We are looking for a candidate to:
- To provide a high level of administrative support to Practitioners, as part of the Business Support Team, consistent with Directorate Standards and to improve and maintain information data on the Client Information System.
- Maintenance of children’s electronic records, creating and recording referrals , recording key decisions, actioning step-up/step-down requests, transfer and closure of cases accurately inputting information into our Client Information System to ensure the District meets it’s relevant Performance Indicators.
- Data cleansing and auditing of records to ensure accurate and complete records for performance management.
- Co-ordinating the administrative requirements following a child’s entry into the care of Staffordshire County Council.
- Supporting Practitioners in the use of PowerBI
- Providing on the job IT training and support to Practitioners in all areas of our IT systems
- The production of high-quality word-processed documents.
- Servicing of statutory meetings including sending out invitations, attendance and minute taking and the production and distribution of records to agreed timescales.
- Process day to day financial transactions within the office in accordance with financial regulations.
The Ideal Candidate
- GCSE English
- WP Qualification
- NVQ 2 in Business Administration
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Experience of using computer-based information systems in an office environment
- The ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
About Staffordshire County Council
We are no ordinary county council:
The core of who we are as an organisation. Just like we all have personal values that shape our thoughts and behaviour, organisational values drive how we think and act collectively.
Our values were created and shaped by colleague feedback and national best practice and they sit at the heart of People Strategy:
We have a real sense of community spirit that brings our people together. This feeling of belonging means we are all connected to what we do and take pride in the difference we make every day for Staffordshire people. We are ambitious and our sights are set firmly on a better future.
We look forward and race ahead - that goes for your career too.
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits.
Our recruitment process:
As an Authority we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, a Silver Award Armed Forces employer and our commitment to supporting care leavers - we offer a guaranteed interview as long as your application meets the minimum criteria for the post.