To support the provision of a timely and high-quality business support service for Staffordshire County Council. This role will contribute to the development of new processes and techniques to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the children’s and family’s system, with the aim of improving outcomes for children and families. This will focus on providing a range of administration, financial and customer care functions to District based staff. The expectations are that the person in this role will undertake a variety of tasks.
- Servicing meetings: coordinating the circulation of agendas and relevant papers; scheduling; attendance at meetings; and taking and distributing appropriate notes.
- Completing a range of administrative tasks ensuring compliance with statutory deadlines in accordance with business processes and Service Level Agreements.
- Accurately input and maintain appropriate information systems ensuring children’s/families/system records are kept up to date.
- Assistance with a range of financial transactions including placing orders for services/equipment, goods receipting and maintaining associated records in accordance with Financial Regulations through the County Council’s Finance and Procurement systems.
- To undertake a range of customer care duties
The Ideal Candidate
• Level 3 in Business Administration or equivalent experience
• GCSE English and Math’s grade C or 4 or equivalent
• Understanding of the County Council and its role in the community.
• Previous experience of servicing meetings including note taking.
• Good written and oral communication skills at all levels – this post will involve liaison with a range of professionals and members of the public.
• Sensitive and attentive listening skills and the ability to accurately record the outcome of discussions and meetings for a diverse audience.
• Flexible approach – demonstrating ability to respond positively to changes in allocation of work at short notice.
• A commitment to equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice and to work with a diverse customer base
• Numerical skills with attention to detail.
• Good time management and organisational skills with an ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and on own initiative.
For more information about this role, please contact Tracey Pennycook at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Staffordshire County Council
We are no ordinary county council:
The core of who we are as an organisation. Just like we all have personal values that shape our thoughts and behaviour, organisational values drive how we think and act collectively.
Our values were created and shaped by colleague feedback and national best practice and they sit at the heart of People Strategy:
We have a real sense of community spirit that brings our people together. This feeling of belonging means we are all connected to what we do and take pride in the difference we make every day for Staffordshire people. We are ambitious and our sights are set firmly on a better future.
We look forward and race ahead - that goes for your career too.
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits.
Our recruitment process:
As an Authority we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, a Silver Award Armed Forces employer and our commitment to supporting care leavers - we offer a guaranteed interview as long as your application meets the minimum criteria for the post.