An rare opportunity has arisen across Staffordshire Children and Families for an Part -time, Brokerage Liaison Officer within the Children’s Disability Service. The is a brand new post giving the opportunity to work across both operational and commissioning teams. This will be based in Stafford, with the option of hybrid working.
We have 4 Children’s Disability teams across the county, and they provide specialist services for children and young people with complex disabilities. You will be expected to facilitate in supporting to secure and broker appropriate commissioned services . Communicating with stakeholders and liaising directly with providers to ensure that Children with disabilities in Staffordshire get the right support at the right time.
You will work alongside the Disability teams and Commissioning officers to track, process and quality assure requests for community short breaks and act as a point of contact with contracted providers when establishing care and support.
- Collaborate with professionals and partner organizations to fully understand citizens care and support needs.
- Process and quality assurance referrals for community short breaks
- Input and track services, in particular access to short breaks.
- Work closely with Commissioners and Social Care practitioners to review and consider the care needs of children and young people.
- Manage and input service provisions, monitor and interpret data.
- Collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders with regards to Disability short breaks and service.
The Ideal Candidate
The position requires teamwork, good organisational skills and a good level of competency using IT systems. You’ll also need:
- The ability to communicate clearly, confidently and effectively with a range of people across the organisation and externally through phone, e-mail and in person.
- Good organisation skills and attention to detail, as you’ll be keeping data updated and you’ll be working to deadlines.
- A flexible approach to work as sometimes things can change, and so you’ll need to be able to prioritise work and sometimes change tasks quickly.
- An ability to work as part of a team but also using their own initiative.
- A passion to always give the best service
For further information about this role, please contact email@example.com
About Staffordshire County Council
We are no ordinary county council:
The core of who we are as an organisation. Just like we all have personal values that shape our thoughts and behaviour, organisational values drive how we think and act collectively.
Our values were created and shaped by colleague feedback and national best practice and they sit at the heart of People Strategy:
We have a real sense of community spirit that brings our people together. This feeling of belonging means we are all connected to what we do and take pride in the difference we make every day for Staffordshire people. We are ambitious and our sights are set firmly on a better future.
We look forward and race ahead - that goes for your career too.
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits.
Our recruitment process:
As an Authority we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from all background and communities
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, a Silver Award Armed Forces employer and our commitment to supporting care leavers - we offer a guaranteed interview as long as your application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
As you’ll know safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people/vulnerable adults is important to us and that’s why this position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service. If applicable you should disclose details of unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.